Surgical – Consultation
Dr. Derek Ford performs all plastic surgery for MD Aesthetics clients at his Avenue Road office. Cosmetic surgery may be the best option for some patients and for those desiring longer lasting results than is possible with non-invasive procedures. It may also be more suitable for older patients who have run the course of non-surgical options and will no longer significantly benefit from these procedures.
Ordinary men and women are looking to surgery to minimize the effects of aging, redefine facial contours, and re-contour their bodies’ hoping to look and feel better, improve self-esteem and increase self-confidence. Whatever the reason for choosing aesthetic surgery, it is very important to choose a qualified and experienced surgeon with a good reputation, discuss goals, understand risks and possible side effects, and have realistic expectations.
- We will first work with you to schedule a consultation that fits into your schedule.
- When you schedule your consultation, Dr. Ford's staff prepares a TouchMD profile for you. TouchMD is a Web-based service that allows you to access your records, photos, important documents, and other information regarding your experience.
- We charge a consultation fee of $125 plus HST, which must be paid when you reserve your appointment. This fee is payable via credit card.
- Consultations for services that are insured by the Ministry of Health require referral from a physician. Once our office receives this referral, we can make a reservation for an office consultation.
- Our office staff will contact you to confirm your consultation. If you must cancel your appointment with less than 72 hours of notice, you may be subject to forfeiture of your consultation fee.
Dr. Ford offers TouchMD
With TouchMD, everything you need for a successful patient experience is available through a secure, private online portal, and you can view it whenever you like. Access your records, learn more about our practice, read details about your procedure, and more:
- View and print photos from your consultation
- Watch videos related to your procedure
- Share procedure information with family, so they know what to expect, too
TouchMD gives you the power of peace of mind, because the information you need is always available to you. During your consultation, we will create a profile for you and include all the important documents from your visit.
When you go home, simply log in at mytouchmd.com (we will create an account and provide a default password for you to change), and it's all there.
- Depending on the procedure that interests you, you can expect to spend between 30 and 45 minutes at Dr. Ford's office at the Oshawa Centre Towers.
- Come to your consultation prepared to discuss your medical history. This includes information regarding any ongoing medical conditions, previous surgeries, and other treatments. Bring along a list of any medications and supplements you currently take as well as any drug allergies you have.
- In order to help you better plan your desired procedure, a member of Dr. Ford's staff takes photos of you for your file. These photos are for office use only and will be kept confidential.
- We also use special software that creates a 3-D simulation of your potential results.
- At the end of your consultation, we offer you a written quotation that reflects your proposed procedures.
- Our patient consultant discusses available surgery or treatment dates.
- Once your date is confirmed, we require a $1,000 deposit to hold your desired date. We require full payment to be completed by 3 weeks before your surgery date.
- Within 2 months of your proposed surgery, we arrange a preoperative medical clearance to ensure that all patients who plan to undergo elective cosmetic surgery are healthy enough to do so safely.
- This medical clearance involves a physical examination, standard blood work, and an ECG performed by your family physician.
- If blepharoplasty is scheduled, a recent eye exam is required by an optometrist to ensure there are no concerning issues with the health of the eyes.
- If any results are concerning, we may opt to reschedule your surgery.
Your Surgery & Beyond
- Check out our tips for caring for yourself before and after surgery.
- After surgery, we typically see patients in follow-up appointments for up to 1 year.
- Upon discharge after surgery, we provide detailed written care instructions.
- Several months after surgery, we perform follow-up photography to add to your file.